Sunday, December 6, 2009

Give 12/5/09

Last night I went out with my girlies for some serious dancing (well, as serious as a white girl can be anyway). There were some "interesting" people there (as expected when hanging out in a bar), but for the most part, there were some pretty normal homo Sapiens present. One lady who was particularly "needy" was dancing and loving up on anything with legs....yes, you read correctly, gender had no bearing on her prospects.

She was alone as far as I could tell and extremely drunk. During the course of the evening I kept noticing her leaving possessions around, easily taken by the wrong individual. At one point she dropped her cell phone which proceeded to be kicked across the dance floor by someone. Noticing this I got up to retrieve it. I returned her phone to the DJ as I was not going to "cut in" on whatever it was she thought she was doing with the gentlemen caller at her side.

I felt good about my "give" as in this day and age someone would have jumped at the thought of a lost cell phone. Just abandon the sim card for yours and wa-la! Later, after she noticed her phone missing, she frantically searched. The DJ returned her phone to her, pointed me out in the crowd and I was all but attacked by this woman who was very grateful at my act. Humbled as I am, I meekly said your welcome and continued on with my evening....however in her eyes, that simple act of doing the right thing, truly made her happy. For me doing the right thing comes easily, for her, she must not have that experience often. I am glad I was able to help!

No comments:

Post a Comment