Monday, December 28, 2009

Give 12/28/09

Well, this may not be a traditional give, but I am "giving" back to literature these last few days and coming weeks. My newest ambition is to go back and re-read, or read for the first time whole heartedly that is all the wonderful literature of my childhood. Often times in grade school wonderful teachers ask us to read great works of art that as an adult we can appreciate whole heartedly but as a ten year old, could care less about. I was one of those said ten year olds.

Instead of read the material, I often crammed and skimmed through just to get by on the current worksheet or pop quiz. As an adult I know that those novels were full of wonderous adventures. Though they may be written at a fourth or fifth grade level, I do not care, I will go back and read all of them.

My list:

1.) Island of the Blue Dolphins (will finish this one tonight) LOVED IT...I cannot believe I did not give it the time when I was asked to read it in 5th grade!
2.) Hatchet (I did read most of this one but I want to refresh my memory)
3.) The Giver
4.) The Witch of Blackbird Pond
5.) Bridge to Tarabithia
6.) The Cage
7.) The entire Chronicles of Narnia series
8.) Animal Farm
9.) The Crucible

If you can think of any I missed, please let me know! Thanks readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment